|Main menu => Home || Duke Nukem 3D || Iggy's levels || Picture Galleries »||Infosite about projects related to jfDuke3D|
.: Duke Nukem 3D
.: Duke Nukem Arena :.
.: IntroductionDuke Nukem Arena (DNA for short) is DeeperThought's project following up Duke Nukem Weapon of Mass destruction. DNA is a fake multiplayer modification, following the footsteps of games such as Quake III and Unreal Tournament, which contains the following gametypes;
- Deathmatch (DM)
- Team Deathmatch (TDM)
- Capture the Flag (CTF)
- Monster Arena (MA)
- Fortress War (FW) (not yet available).
The mod also features DeeperThought's bot-code empowering the fake multiplayer opponents using botpaths to navigate through the levels.
The mod is in early development which means the gametype FW is not available yet at the time of writing. Next to these gametypes are new weapon alt-fires and inventory items have received new functions in battle;
.: New functions and contentNew weapon functions are;
- The pipebombs are now team-based proximity mines. Using alt-fire with the pipebomb are team-based auto-turrets.
- Other alt-fires include Flak (Chaingun), Railgun (RPG), BFG (Shrinker/Expander), Plasma bolts (Devastator), Lightning (Freezer).
New inventory functions are;
- Steriods increase weapon firing rate on most weapons as well as running speed and regenerate health when below 50%.
- Nightvision googles are "ghost googles" which makes the user almost invisible and makes weaponfire pass right through him.
- The Holoduke generates a large sphere "Holosphere" around the player which causes enemy projectiles that enter it to move at 1/4 of their normal speed, making them easy to dodge.
The download comes with the necessary EDuke32 port of Duke Nukem 3D to run it as well as a handfull of deathmatch maps which are known in the Duke3D community;
- WGDM2, WGDM4, WGCitydm and Lavrenth2 by William Gee
- Maadm: Temple of death by Maarten van Oostrum
- Tower, WarDome and The Cube by Dani J Swanson
- Reclam by Reginukem
- Roch Island by MRCK, Taivo, Merlijn and Maarten
- Ballroom by Jason Bredhauer
- Iron Will by myself
Also, it is important that you do not play this mod in the original 8bit mode. Graphics will either look screwed up or will not be displayed. 32bit Polymost is highly recommended, the use of the High Resolution Pack is optional but requires are decent machine to run properly.
.: Downloading and installingThe current version of this mod can be download from the next sources;
Filesize: 9,46Mb- Freewebtown.com (Author's site)
Released on: 22 October 2006
Last updated on: 21 Januari 2007
- Csus.edu (Mirror 1)
- Duke4Ever (Mirror 2 - local)
For installation, just unzip this .zip-file into a new directory and copy/paste your copy of the file "duke3d.grp" to it. Then launch the file "DNA.bat". If you would like to play with the High Resolution Pack copy/paste your copy of the HRP. The file you need to launch for this to work is called "DNA_with_Hi-Res.bat". This file assumes that the filename of the HRP-file is called "duke3d_xtr.zip" so be sure to name it like that.
Also a good idea is to check the keysettings when you play it for the first time. Since weapons have alt-fire now it would be smart to assign a prefered key to it (like rightmouse button) as well as keys for the scoreboard and the DNA ingame menu.
.: More informationThe author's site doesn't contain any information about this mod yet, the best place for more information as well as user feedback is this topic on the 3D Realms forums. Also, when all else fails you might want to read the official documentation about this mod.
.: Latest news
.: Latest reviews
Disclaimer;This is not the official site of the mentioned projects on this website. Read more...
This site is best to be viewed with Firefox in a resolution of 1024x768 or higher.
|Copyright © 2005-2008 Iggy|